WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Gearing up for Armies on Parade

This week I finished up my Armies on Parade entry:


 

I had a bit of a painting blitz to finish eight more zombies to bring the unit up to its minimum size of 20. When I painted the first batch of ten, I kept track of the time and it took me 21 days of short painting sessions to finish them all. I managed to get these eight done in about four days. So that's a bit faster, but to be fair, I picked out the ones with the least amount of extra detail– No crows, candles, parchment, or shrubbery to deal with. (For those keeping track, I still have 40 remaining from my total horde of 60.)

 



 

On the display board, I wanted to call out all the elements of the army with tags. I stained some off-white card stock with brown ink and water, and then hand lettered all the text.

 

 

The final touch was to splatter some "blood" on the parchment tags and cut them out.

 


 

The display board itself is a board and hill I already had, but I spiced it up with some extra grass tufts and a name plate on the front.

 

 

This is pretty much the whole of my Age of Sigmar Soulblight Gravelords collection– Olivia von Koss and her Barrow Watch, with Onnika Kriege and her Exhumed zombies, and Mordrak and Lucinda with their Winged Coven of fell bats and a Terrorgheist. I also added two endless spells from the Morbid Conjuration manifestation lore– The Malevolent Maelstrom and the Suffocating Gravetide.















 

During the week, I also finished up the first five skeletons for my Tomb Kings army:

 


 

I'm really satisfied with how they turned out. With the Armies on Parade entry out of the way, the Tomb Kings are back to the top of my painting priority list.

 

 

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.