Skeleton Reinforcements
I just finished a big push through my painting queue, and finished the bulk of the second regiment for my Tomb Kings Skull Brigade.

Thirty skeletons with light armor, shields and thrusting spears. I still need to build the champion, standard bearer, and musician, but I wanted to power through the bulk of the regiment first and then take my time with the command models.

Here's every completed model in the Army of the Baltizzar Necropolis so far, including these new skeletons. It's still a far cry from my Vampire Counts army, but I've been making steady progress.


I have parts to add five more horse archers, but I haven't been fielding them lately, so there hasn't been much drive to complete them. I also want to bulk the tomb guard up to 30 or 35, but as I've mentioned previously, skeleton warriors are cheaper and just as hardy on the battlefield; 60 skeletons can do the job of 30 tomb guard, for only about 50 points more.


A second Screaming Skull Catapult in in the cards, but I'm already struggling to fit everything I want now, so until I'm regularly playing 2000+ point games, I don't really need another one yet. The drop in Ushabti ballistic skill hasn't been the end of the world, so I'm still fielding all six as often as I have enough points to fit them in. But I do wince every time a 4 comes up on the dice roll to hit...


My character models are pretty set, although I do want to build a second tomb prince so I can put one in each skeleton regiment to get them both +1 weapon skill. The second one will be Axiris, a hero from my Warmaster army, and the leader of the Skull Brigade. I'm currently working out the parts I'll need to kitbash him.



I'm also still working on the Casket of Souls. It's mostly finished and only needs its guardians and I'm working on modifications to the casket itself. Another project that I've been contemplating for a while is a Necrosphinx with actual feathered wings instead of the mechanical wing panels it comes with (they just don't look big enough to carry him).

I've had the Necrosphinx box kicking around for a while and I've been cannibalizing parts from it here and there. I recently stumbled across the Empire Imperial Griffon on the shelf of used miniatures for sale, and I got it for about half of what the kit retails for. It's already assembled (with plastic glue, I suspect) so it will be a bit of work to get the wings off, but I'll be able to finally field a uniquely converted Necrosphinx. (And maybe I'll be able to salvage the griffon body for another conversion.)

'Til next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.