WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Black Coach

It's been almost a month since I finished the coach and, while it had a substantial appearance in the Resurrection narrative, I hadn't taken any proper gallery photos of the model. So here we go:


 

First off, this model is HUGE. I took some side-by-side photos with the old black coach just for comparison. The dragon wings and skull that I added to mine help add to its presence. I think without them, it would look even smaller next to this behemoth.




 

I'm really pleased with how the whole project turned out. As intimidating as it seemed at first, the painting went pretty smoothly– Basically the wood and metal of the coach itself; the ghostly white of the relic bearers; and the horses which are just black, bone, and ghostly white. There were a few other details throughout, but those were actually a nice break from the grind. Lots of sub-assemblies, though.

 




 

The custom relics are my favorite addition. You can see my process for converting them in these posts:


More Work on the Black Coach

Black Coach: Fabricating the Relics

Black Coach Relic Bearers

 



 

It was fun coming up with a backstory for the driver. I had initially built and painted him with the whip in his hand, but after settling on his character, I added the shackles and gave him an outstretched hand to look as though he's accepting his payment (or bribe).

 




 

'Til next time!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic work man! Your conversions are so well executed that it's impossible to tell they are not the part of the original model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I've been striving for- Improving my sculpting and kitbash skills to make the transitions flawless. (Of course, the downside is a longer turnaround, but hey, working on the models is half the fun!)

      Delete
  2. Awesome as always, Rob. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the Coach! It does indeed look intimidating to build and paint...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's probably not so bad if you're building it "stock" out of the box. (But nothing can be simple for me anymore.) :D

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.