WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Monday, August 8, 2022

Project Log: Skaven Warp-Skryre Tower, Part 4.5

Just a quick update:


 

I'm in the middle of a scenery commission, so I haven't had much time for personal projects. I did manage to squeeze in some work on the Skaven tower. Using more bits from the Landraider lascannon assembly, I beefed up the thickness of the support structure under the Warp-Skryre accumulator device.



 

I also replaced the snake under the lenses with a plastic rat to make it a bit more Skaven-themed.


 

I kept most of the snake to serve as the rat's tail, and I cut up and re-positioned the little critter into a leaping pose.


 

With a little modeling putty, I sculpted fur over the cuts and voila– a rat icon for the lens array.


 

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on a regular schedule before the month's out.

'Til next time!
 

2 comments:

  1. The rat was a great little addition! I just love your attention to detail, it's what makes all your projects so great to look at and read about.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.