WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Wargame Hobby Bingo, First Quarter Progress

With a quarter of the year already over, it's time to check in and see how the Wargame Bingo Card is filling out...



Here's the blank card if you want to play along:


 

There are 24 squares to fill in, which works out to an average of two per month. After three months, I've only got four filled in, so I'm falling a little behind. 

 

 

Using a sponge to add chips in armor is a technique I haven't really used much. I tried it on my first unit of Imperial Fist Intercessors as a way to add some extra detail to the yellow armor. I think it came out pretty well, but I still need to work on the shape of the sponge and amount of paint to get better control. I could probably paint edge highlights on the chips, but I'm trying to get these marines painted quickly. Maybe I'll save that for character models.




 

I'm counting the squad of Inceptors for this square since I put more work into their bases than my other Imperial Fist units and built up more pipes to mount the flying models.




 

My floating vampire queen had some sculpting on her head to replicate the hairstyle on her Banshee version of the character. I used brown stuff modeling putty to sculpt the hair and add a ribbon. There was also a fair amount of sculpting on her arms, as well.

 



 

Technically, any of my Imperial Fists could fit this square. Since the Intercessors and Inceptors are already counted elsewhere, the Hellblasters unit will take this spot.


 

The squares with the diagonal stripes are projects that I currently have in progress:

 

 

My scratch-built scenery is going to take a while, but I'm determined to finish the Warp-Skryre Tower this year.



 

The "bat-cape" vampire has been primed for a while, but I haven't started painting him yet. I figure, he's already been waiting for 10 years so what's another few weeks?

 

 

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.