WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Project Log: The Emperor's Champion, Part 10

It's been a long road, but my Emperor's Champion project is finally complete!



First up, here's a look at the 40K version of Magnus–


I originally wanted to paint the model with a "Blanchitsu" style– lots of texture, weathering, and grime– but couldn't bring myself to do it. I spent a lot of time on the conversion to get it really clean and sharp, and after all that work, I didn't want to muddy it up too much. Instead, I settled for a lot more weathering than I normally put on my marines. In the end, I'm really happy with how he turned out.

 

 







 

And, finally, here's the scaled up "Inquisitor" version of Magnus–


As with the other one, I didn't want to mess up the work that I put into the conversion (this guy took twice as long as the little one). 

 

 








 

The bases I used on these models and my Dreadnought are from my Skull Forge Scenics "Industrial Bases" resin set. You can find them in my web store: www.skullforgescenics.com 



 

Here's how the models stack up, size wise– The Inquisitor-scale champion, 40K Primaris champion, and original 40K Champion:


 

That puts the cover on a set of conversions I've had on the back burner since about 2003!

 

 

'Til next time!

8 comments:

  1. Did you use the metal Inquisitor Space Marine as the base? I painted that model many moons ago and I'm not sure I recognize it. Every time I move the sword breaks off that model...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used the Inquisitor "Artemis" model as the base, and added a lot of sculpting and plastic card over top to modify it up to the "Primaris" version.

      You can see the various stages of work in the earlier posts in this series.

      You've gotta pin those hands to keep them secure! :)

      Delete
  2. Man he turned out great! Awesome photography as well! The first photo looks like an army index cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I was thinking of it as a novel cover or something. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome work! That shot with all three together really puts the size of the Inquisitor figure in perspective!

    And I appreciate that you let us follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed following the progress. :) Yeah, that Inquisitor marine is huge; even taller than regular Inq models (as he should be).

      Delete
    2. Has working on such a large model kindled any interest in working on other large models? I suspect you could do something amazing with a 54mm historical figure for example, or those new large Space Marine action figures.

      Delete
    3. A little, but I'll probably stay focused on good ol' 28mms. If I ever make another large scale fig, it might be a resculpting of my Inquisitor-scale Sister of Battle.

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.