WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Hobby Bingo Mid-Year Update

At the beginning of the year, I began working on the wargame hobby bingo card, and I'm hoping to have it filled n by the end of the year. Here's how things have shaped up so far:



Convert a model into a totally different unit or character–


This was the first one I completed. This guy was converted out of a Skaven warlord, with bits from Plague Marines and other Skaven models.

 

 

Make a modeled game board with integrated terrain–


The Hoth battlefield I made for Fantasy Flight's Star Wars Legion game ticked this box. The requirement was at least 2' x 2' and the battlefield comes in at 3' x6' long, with plenty of built-in hills, trenches, and the hangar.

 

 

 

Sculpt something on a model–


The banshees I'm working on have plenty of sculpting. On this particular gal, I sculpted her leg and the top of her skirt, as well as her sleeves.

 

 

 

 

Paint a vehicle–


I painted the three Vindicator tanks for my Black Templars army. They have yet to see action on the tabletop, however.

 

 

Buy a model and paint it within 48 hours–


I built and painted this Knight of Shrouds pretty quick. Like the tanks, he has yet to see the tabletop. Maybe once I have more Nighthaunt units for him to command, I'll put him to good use.

 

 

Scratch-build a piece of scenery–


The Wild West Exodus harbor was scratch built. It's a little more than "a piece" of scenery, however!

 

 

 

Make something for your hobby that's not for the battlefield–


I made these foam trays for my ever-expanding undead army. I still need to make a foam tray for Nagash if I ever want to take him to the shop.

 

 

 

 

Convert a model–


I rounded out my Red Guard skeleton units to 40 men each. The models were all converted with a combination of classic skeleton and Empire state troop parts, and a few other odds and ends.

 

 

 

 

Build and paint some accessories themed to match your army–


I painted some Skull Forge Scenics ruined shrines to use as grave sites for the Legions of Nagash, and I painted a bunch of Privateer Press souls to use as wound markers for my Nighthaunt army.

 

 

 

Finish painting a model that's remained unfinished for more than a year–


I finally painted this unit of scout snipers that I had kicking around. They turned out to be one of the most valuable assets in some of my games.

 

 

 

Paint a model for an army that you don't already collect and play–


I have been using ol' Jonny Ringo as my scale reference for all of the WWX scenery that I built, so I figured it was time to put some paint on him. I was able to knock this model out in about two hours.

 

 

 

 

 

I have a few projects underway– the terrorgheist and warscryer citadel will each tick a box, and I'll add a new unit to my army at some point.


'Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Johnny Ringo is excellent! Lovely job, especially for a mere two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hobby Bingo table and the way you're deal with

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.