I took a break from resin casting and terrain commissions to work on a personal project that wasn't painting bones. The impending new edition of 40K and plastic Sisters of Battle has me thinking about my Black Templars again. These scouts have been in a state of near-completion for years. I knocked out the skin, hair, and metal, added some static grass, and voila!
My Inquisitor-scale Sister of Battle was in the same miniatures case. I don't think I've ever posted pictures of her, so I took a few shots while photographing the scouts. The model is converted from the Inquisitor daemon huntress, with some parts from Eisenhorn and other assorted parts.
This model was made around 2003 or 2004 and has a definite "kitbash" quality to it. The breastplate is some of my early sculpting work. I'd love to remake this model with my current sculpting & conversion ability.
I've also been working on the Hexwraiths. The grass attachments have been covered up with sculpted ethereal mist.
All of the rough spots on the leader horses have been patched up with mist. I'm planning to sculpt more robes and mist to cover the chainmail. Once the horses are finished it will be on to the riders.
And finally, a surprise was waiting for me in my mailbox today. I had entered my Nagash model in the Warhammer Community painting competition back in December and won. Woohoo! I got the Skaven Bloodbowl team for a prize. I'm looking forward to painting these guys.