WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, October 14, 2021

What's in the Project Queue? (October, 2021)

The past few weeks have been pretty unproductive as far as miniature painting. I've managed to prime most of my ongoing projects, but haven't really put paint on a model. I've spent a lot of time remaking some of the older, aging molds for my Skull Forge Scenics products, and keeping up with orders.


I decided to take stock of what's in my painting queue and prioritize the projects that I'd like to finish before the end of the year:


Fell Bats– I've already got a little work done on the bases, and I'm not doing anything fancy with the bats themselves, so hopefully they will paint up pretty quickly.

 

 

Vengorian Lord– He's primed and ready to go. I'll chip away at him piece by piece.

 

 

Magnus Romero, The Emperor's Champion– One of the first models I painted for my Black Templars, I've been toying with the idea of converting a new model for him for years. It's time to send him across the Rubicon Primaris. I'm planning a big kitbash project for this guy, and I'm going to model him with more of an Inq28 vibe.

 

 

I've also got the Artemis figure from Inquisitor. I want to convert him into a 54mm Inquisitor-scale version of the Emperor's Champion.

 

 

Imperial Fists– I still have the 8th edition starter set marines to paint. I promised a tutorial for a "quick and easy" way to paint yellow, but I don't know if I can get away without using black-lining in the process (which really puts a damper on the "quick" and "easy" concept).

 

 

Primaris-scale Dreadnought– Once the squads are finished, I still need to tackle this guy. 

 

 

I've looked through my older blog posts and wrote down all of the other projects that I'd mentioned but never got around to, including some suggested by the readers. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to some of them next year.


'Til next time!

7 comments:

  1. Loads of interesting projects there! The Black Templar stuff is of course quite topical.

    Maybe for the yellow marines you could use oil paints? Might be faster than pin lining or overall wash and then redoing the raised panels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm trying to avoid having to repaint the panels again. If I get a sharp enough brush I can probably get nice clean lines, or maybe I'll try a super fine micron pen. I'll figure it out.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that is why you do oils, you slather the whole thing with brown or black or whatever, and then you use thinner to wipe off the places where you do not want the shade.

      Regardless, looking forward to seeing how you work it out.

      Delete
  2. Personally I'm looking forward to an update on that Vengorian Lord. The Look Ace, and very well based as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vampires are fantastic and have inspired my own venture into the armies of the dead. I was also lucky enough to pick up one of the trick or treat boxes from your store and everything inside is excellent, I cannot wait to start using the parts!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.