WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Friday, March 15, 2019

Gnawholes and Nighthaunts

It's been a long week, but I've finally finished painting my set of Skaven Gnawholes:



 

Last time, I discussed the versatility of the Gnawhole kit, and my assembly process. If you've been following me on Twitter @RobHawkinsHobby you'll have seen my painting progress as part of my daily #HobbyStreak. Despite their simplicity, these things took longer than I expected, mainly because there's a lot of parts to paint. I got hung up on ALL that scaffolding with the multitude of ties, ropes, metal plates, chains, and rats all over them. Once I had them out of the way, it was a breeze to finish the portals and rocks.


 

To add the green glow inside the rock circles, I masked off the outer edges, and sprayed white primer from the bottom, into the center of the rings. This added a slight white "glow" which I tinted green with a mix of drybrushing and glazing.


 

I realized that I would need to paint the glow on one of the scaffolding legs as well, so I drybrushed a matching green from dark to light onto the wood.


 

After that, it was a simple matter of attaching all the parts. I left the censors for last so they wouldn't be in the way when attaching the scaffolding.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My next project for the Skaven is to get Thanquol put together so I can use him in a game. His new rules are too good to not try out, and the fact that you can mix and match the loadout on Boneripper is an interesting change.


 

I'm working on a sort of "howda" for Thanquol to ride when he's atop Boneripper. (Those railings are from the front of a Screaming Bell.) It will allow me to have a sturdier attachment point for him so I can still opt to field Boneripper without him, as a Hell pit Abomination.


 

I haven't had much time to work on my Nighthaunt army. I did, however, manage to get the Chainrasp Horde primed and ready for painting. I also painted the resculpted attachment point for Korak so he can fit on his new bases.


 

 

He and the Banshees are the first models Officially™ finished for my Nighthaunt force!


 

'Til next time!

5 comments:

  1. Once again, I love the way you paint; your colours are so rich.
    The gnawholes in particular are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting and awesome color transitions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gnawholes look great, the glow works well. Nice flavour pieces.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.