Okay– Last time, I had finished up the construction on the large component with the bridge and archways. I undercoated all of the stonework on the ruins with black latex paint, and then I sprayed them with greys to provide a solid base to drybrush over. I used a dark grey spray everywhere, and then used a lighter grey for a "zenith" highlight, basically spraying the piece from above to dust the tops and raised areas with the lighter color. The bottom edges of the stones remained dark, creating natural highlight and shaded areas.
When the spraying was finished, I painted the ground with a basecoat of dark brown latex paint to help seal the sand and provide the base color.
Then, I drybrushed the ground with Formula P3 colors Gun Corpse Brown, Moldy Ochre, and Menoth White Base (same as for the swamp boards).
The stonework was painted by drybrushing it with Formula P3 Greatcoat grey and patchy areas of Bastion Brey. A little Menoth White Base was mixed in with the grey for a slightly lighter drybrushing, and finally some white was added to the mix for the brightest highlights.
(I'm cheating the timeline a little because, as you can see, the table base was actually painted before I had even finished construction on the large ruin and arches.)
Weathering was added to the stonework by washing a bit of P3 Traitor Green around the bottom, and painting rust drips with P3 Bloodstone.
When the painting was finished, I glued flock and static grass onto the ground and on the tops of the ruined walkways. As with the swamp trees, hanging moss was made by dipping cotton balls in an thinned mix of P3 Traitor Green paint and wood glue. The moss was draped over the edges of the platforms, and under the archways.
Once the static grass and moss had set, and the excess dumped off, tall swamp grass and Envirotex Lite water effects were added. To see how this was done, check out my swamp grass tutorial here.
Here, you can see the finished board with its edges painted black.
All that remained was to finish painting the large component, and then attach it and the tower to the board along with their own bits of hanging moss and static grass.
Once completed, the centerpiece was ready to go! (These shots are taken from the second table I built, so there are a few subtle differences in the architecture.)
The small modular ruins got the same treatment as the larger piece.
The entire set can be fit together with the ruins in the middle with a small 3' x 3' demo board on either side...
...Or as a large 3' x 6' battlefield with the display ruins on either end.
I hope you enjoyed following along with this project. Here are the links again to the other parts: