WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WWX and Terrain Gallery Updates

The terrain galleries have been sorted out and reorganized. I'm keeping Wild West Exodus and Wrath of Kings in their own galleries due to the volume of work I've done for each system. Everything else is in the Main Terrain Gallery.


The gallery page now has a single shot of each table which links to a sub page of detail shots. Hopefully that's easier to navigate than scrolling through miles of images to find the ones you want. I've also gone through the No Man's Land and Lustria Revisited photos and color-corrected them to eliminate the awful yellow hue they were suffering from. (I also added more rocks in front of R2-D2 and digitally inserted Jabba the Hutt into every shot.)

 

 

 

The Rivet Wars diorama has been added to the gallery, with previously unreleased detail shots, so be sure to pop in and check those out.

 


 

Wild West Exodus Buildings


Here are some images of the finished WWX demo table commissioned by Outlaw Miniatures. This is a 2'x2' table, with the buildings magnetized to a sand-textured GW Realm of Battle board section.

 








 

The Wild West Exodus Terrain gallery has more detail shots of each building. If you missed the construction of the buildings, here's a link to my previous blog post More Wild West Exodus Buildings.  

 

Coming up, I'll have a tutorial on how to make and paint neon signs.


'Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Will you ever do a tutorial for how you make your awesome cotton (I assume) smoke clouds/explosion markers. Yours are the only ones I've ever seen that don't look goofy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a brief tutorial for the smoking tank markers here: http://robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com/2013/06/send-in-troops.html That gets into spraying the smoke and the LED light that I used.

      Delete
  2. Thanx Rob for your awesome Inspiration. Your work brought me to the WWX Kickstarter and let me Start to Scratchbuild a whole WWX Table.
    Matthias

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.