WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

From the Depths of Hell

Skryre Lord Skreekits' engineers have been toiling away in their subterranean laboratories. The Hell Pit Abomination is just about finished.


 

I'd purchased a plastic Warp Lightning Cannon/ Plague Claw Catapult kit so I could build it as the catapult and use the spare cannon parts on my other Skaven models. The ornate barrel, trimmed down, makes a nice shackle, and a bit of chain from the Warhammer Giant completes the appearance that he's broken loose.


 

I swapped the mechanical hand onto the smaller of the spare arms and then attached it to the torso using putty to match the musculature.


 

The masonry was cut away from his right hand, requiring the finger to be resculpted. I'm still not sure what I'll have him resting on. Maybe the hunk of warpstone from the catapult? But then I'll need to find something else to use as the catapult's counterweight. Perhaps a bell or a sculpted piece of warpstone?


 

The larger arm that I cut the mechanical hand from required the most work. I used Kroot rifle stocks for the claws, attached to Killa Kan arm pistons. Some plastic card was used to fill out the "wrist" and the arm underneath was built up with putty and sculpted bandages. The fuel cell on the shoulder is made from a plastic Warlock Engineer's backpack, connected to the arm with tubes from the Doom Wheel.





 

The Abomination just needs some basing and he's ready to prime and paint. (Which, based on my track record, means he'll be finished by the middle of next year, right before I get back the the Terrorgheist and Garden of Morr...)


I've got a second Doom Wheel in the works as well. The driver and bellows operator have been converted and the warpstone arc generator on the front has been replaced with spare parts from the plastic Warp Lightning Cannon to differentiate it from the first one.

 

 

And yes, I totally make race car noises while working on the Doom Wheel!


'Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Great looking models. looking forward to seeing them painted.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the extra work on the HPA, some nice touches to make it unique. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You been Liebstered, son. Also, the abomination is magnificent so far.

    http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/2014/04/cover-me-in-glory-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.