WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bomber Conversion

Just a quick post today so I can get back to work on the terrain. Here's a conversion piece I was commissioned for– A Trollbloods Bomber with quills on his back rather than the armored plate.


The metal model incorporates the plastic back piece from the Mauler kit, as well as the plastic head. And, as you can see in these rotations, a lot of brown stuff epoxy putty was used to sculpt the extra quills and fill the gaps.













The challenge was to figure out how to attach the Pyg, since the handle he's normally gripping wouldn't have anything to connect with. The solution was to remove the handle and have the Pyg gripping a fist full of quills, hanging on for dear life.



The Pyg's arm was twisted, the handle clipped away and his fingers resculpted. The quill he's holding has a supporting pin running through it, into the Bomber's back.




The conversion was left unpainted so the client could finish off the painting himself. I'm looking forward to what this will look like when it's painted!


I do a lot of assembly conversion commissions like this one or the Borka Kegslayer conversion from a few weeks back, so if you've got an idea of your own that you'd like to become a reality, shoot me an email at robhawkinsart@gmail.com. I'm taking commissions now for late August.


'Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. I commented on your Borka and here I am, to ask again ;)

    "Sick skills. How long did you train to sculpt like that ? Did you take classes or something ?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No classes, just practice and time (I've still got a long way to go). I was fortunate enough to work with Brian Dugas at PP, and picked up a lot of tricks & techniques from him.

      Delete
  2. Lovely conversion! I've only just stumbled across your blog and I must say your terrain work is beautiful and something that I aspire too. If you have a spare minute I'd love it if you could cast a critical eye over my terrain and let me know what you think:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/96058744@N08/sets/72157634594269826/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.