It's been a few months, but I've finally completed the Liche Priest kit.
Back in February, I picked up the new Liche Priest box and converted two priests on foot. I modeled one with the vulture staff and gave him the summoned vulture from the bone dragon. You can see that post here.
He's been sitting on my Shelf of Shame™ for a while, in his sub-assemblies. In the games I've been playing, I have been running three liche priests and substituting a necrotect for the third priest, so I decided it was high time I finished this guy. Here's a look at his painted components before I glued him together:
I debated over how I would paint the large vulture– Either glowing with a magical effect since it was being summoned, or "normal" colors. I settled on the latter because, with the other vultures on his staff and base, it created a matching color triangle that balances the model, whereas if the large bird was glowing blue it might distract from the rest of the figure. Menektet the Carrion Priest is ready for battle!Menektet, side by side with Settisis, completes the Liche Priest kit and I can finally field three proper priests.I've also finished up the first of my Tomb Kings-themed spell counters. You can see the modeling I did for these in the recent post about my Tomb Kings Project Queue.These two counters represent Djaf's Incantation of Cursed Blades. I was initially planning to paint them like glowing red-hot metal, but went with a traditional "ethreal blue-green" instead. As I'm working on the spirits for my casket of souls, I realized that they'll look best if painted like my other ethereal models, and since they'll represent the effects of the casket's Light of Protection spell I should unify the spell color throughout the army as much as possible. So, ethereal blades it is!The other counter is for the Glittering Robes. This was made from Lady Olynder's cape, and represents a sparkling veil pulled up in front of the wizard.I blended the color on the veil using white, GW Nihilakh Oxide with a little Army Painter Thrall Flesh mixed in, and a liberal amount of GW Coelia Greenshade to darken the upper portion. The glittering stars were speckled into the surface with a paintbrush flicked across another brush's handle. First I spattered stars matching the middle green color, and then some straight white stars in the upper half.With the priest, these spell counters, and the feral ghoul, I'm able to check off three more boxes on my Wargame Hobby Bingo card:
- Convert a Model (Menektet the Carrion Priest)
- Sculpt Something on a Model (the wolf's pelt on the feral ghoul)
- Build and Paint Some Themed Accessories (the spell counters)
I'm still very far behind; halfway through the year, I should have about 12 squares filled in. So my chances of finishing off the entire card are slipping away. I'll have to update the card to make it a bit easier for next year! 'Til next time!
I debated over how I would paint the large vulture– Either glowing with a magical effect since it was being summoned, or "normal" colors. I settled on the latter because, with the other vultures on his staff and base, it created a matching color triangle that balances the model, whereas if the large bird was glowing blue it might distract from the rest of the figure.
Menektet the Carrion Priest is ready for battle!
Menektet, side by side with Settisis, completes the Liche Priest kit and I can finally field three proper priests.
I've also finished up the first of my Tomb Kings-themed spell counters. You can see the modeling I did for these in the recent post about my Tomb Kings Project Queue.
These two counters represent Djaf's Incantation of Cursed Blades. I was initially planning to paint them like glowing red-hot metal, but went with a traditional "ethreal blue-green" instead. As I'm working on the spirits for my casket of souls, I realized that they'll look best if painted like my other ethereal models, and since they'll represent the effects of the casket's Light of Protection spell I should unify the spell color throughout the army as much as possible. So, ethereal blades it is!
The other counter is for the Glittering Robes. This was made from Lady Olynder's cape, and represents a sparkling veil pulled up in front of the wizard.
I blended the color on the veil using white, GW Nihilakh Oxide with a little Army Painter Thrall Flesh mixed in, and a liberal amount of GW Coelia Greenshade to darken the upper portion. The glittering stars were speckled into the surface with a paintbrush flicked across another brush's handle. First I spattered stars matching the middle green color, and then some straight white stars in the upper half.
With the priest, these spell counters, and the feral ghoul, I'm able to check off three more boxes on my Wargame Hobby Bingo card:
- Convert a Model (Menektet the Carrion Priest)
- Sculpt Something on a Model (the wolf's pelt on the feral ghoul)
- Build and Paint Some Themed Accessories (the spell counters)
I'm still very far behind; halfway through the year, I should have about 12 squares filled in. So my chances of finishing off the entire card are slipping away. I'll have to update the card to make it a bit easier for next year!
- Convert a Model (Menektet the Carrion Priest)
- Sculpt Something on a Model (the wolf's pelt on the feral ghoul)
- Build and Paint Some Themed Accessories (the spell counters)
I'm still very far behind; halfway through the year, I should have about 12 squares filled in. So my chances of finishing off the entire card are slipping away. I'll have to update the card to make it a bit easier for next year!
'Til next time!




























No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.