The past few weeks have been pretty unproductive as far as miniature painting. I've managed to prime most of my ongoing projects, but haven't really put paint on a model. I've spent a lot of time remaking some of the older, aging molds for my Skull Forge Scenics products, and keeping up with orders.
I decided to take stock of what's in my painting queue and prioritize the projects that I'd like to finish before the end of the year:
Fell Bats– I've already got a little work done on the bases, and I'm not doing anything fancy with the bats themselves, so hopefully they will paint up pretty quickly.
Vengorian Lord– He's primed and ready to go. I'll chip away at him piece by piece.
Magnus Romero, The Emperor's Champion– One of the first models I painted for my Black Templars, I've been toying with the idea of converting a new model for him for years. It's time to send him across the Rubicon Primaris. I'm planning a big kitbash project for this guy, and I'm going to model him with more of an Inq28 vibe.
I've also got the Artemis figure from Inquisitor. I want to convert him into a 54mm Inquisitor-scale version of the Emperor's Champion.
Imperial Fists– I still have the 8th edition starter set marines to paint. I promised a tutorial for a "quick and easy" way to paint yellow, but I don't know if I can get away without using black-lining in the process (which really puts a damper on the "quick" and "easy" concept).
Primaris-scale Dreadnought– Once the squads are finished, I still need to tackle this guy.
I've looked through my older blog posts and wrote down all of the other projects that I'd mentioned but never got around to, including some suggested by the readers. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to some of them next year.